Monday 14 September 2009

writing mistakes

I was lurking around the interweb yesterday, when I came across a good article on the common mistakes new authors make. I think it's aimed primarily at fantasy writers, but as a non-fantasy writer, I think it's got some good pointers. It's a series of 10 articles, 5 in each, so 50 altogether just here
I've been writing a bit more lately - still plugging away at that multi-million bestseller that's gonna be ready as soon as I get off my arse and get writing more.

Went up to Nottingham at the weekend - Mrs Block was running the half-marathon (and no, I didn't before you ask). Just under 2 hours, so she's pretty chuffed.
This week's looking bright for a change. I feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel - here's hoping it not a man walking the other way with a flame thrower...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll have to go check that out. I think any info about how to be a better writer is worth looking at!

Glad to hear that there is light at the end of your tunnell. Fumbling around in the dark can often be painful and no fun!

Usha Krishnan Sliva said...

Good luck with the writing and congrats to Mrs. B on her timing!